Friday, January 27, 2012

Entry # 4 - Why do I want to be a teacher?

January 13, 2012


Hello =) In class today we were asked to think about what compelled us to be teachers.  We were to work individually then arrange ourselves into small groups and share our answers with fellow classmates.

"When you know the why, the how takes care if itself."

So...the question in front of us is "Why do you want to become a teacher?"
Here is my answer...

First and foremost, I LOVE children. I want to be a person sculpting young minds, teaching our next generations the fundamentals of life; reading, writing, sharing, and proper behavior. Being an elementary school teacher will keep my mind and heart young for years to come. The profession will allow my inner child to be forever unchained and allow me to have fun with my career. Being a teacher means that everyday will be different. Varied activities which are fun especially when you're working with young children. When you do something you enjoy, waking up everyday and going to your job isn't considered "work." To me passion is everything. I love to be knowledgeable and soak up all the information I can about everything. Being a teacher not only allows me to do this, but demands me to be a continuous learner.  It is meaningful and valuable work, making a difference in the life both students and parents. Taking what I know and passing along my knowledge would be very rewarding, not too mention the great feeling received from helping people. The experience would be especially rewarding if a child was struggling and I took the time to work one on one with the student to help them, excel and succeed. Correctly using a variation of instructional strategies to give every pupil the chance to learn in whichever way their mind works.

No comments:

Post a Comment