Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Enrty 15 - Gardner's Multiple Intelligences

FEB 10 EDPY
 
Gardner's Multiple Intelligences


Mathematical - overlaps the most with traditional IQ. Numerical fluency. An ability to work with numbers. Realize the underlying logical - mathematical reasoning.
Verbal- overlaps with traditional IQ. It is about language. Speaking and writing.
Musical - detecting harmony, play a tune by ear, tune an instrument. Pick it up relatively easy
**Spatial - think and imagine in 3D. Physical world and space. Ex) architect
Bodily Kinaesthetic - understand the body, good with movement, people that are good with athletics. Jillian Lynn
Interpersonal - communicate and interact with other people in a good and productive way. Empathy.
Intrapersonal -understanding ones' feelings/emotional life. Self understanding.
Naturlist - authentic scientific. Ecological
Spiritual - connection with something larger than ones self.
Existential- Philosophical understanding.

Questions for Reflection

With which intelligence do you most identify? Which sounds like it describes your greatest strengths?

Well I think I am going to start with the second question first. The intelligence which best describes my strengths would definitely have to be Interpersonal. I have always been a people person and have been able to make friends with ease wherever I go. This is a good trait for me to have acquired because I have done far more than my fair share of moving in my short lifespan. People are more often attracted to me, I would say, as opposed to me going out and looking. Sometimes the attracted people aren't always the best individuals and that has caused some troubles for me. Fortunately, over the years, I have grown and matured wildly and have been able to weed out the negative aspects and spot them from a distance. The good friends I do have often seek my advice, and find refuge in the way I can understand and explain things to them. It gets a little overwhelming sometimes when life gets in the way, but making others around me happy also satisfies me. My partner plays the largest part in my contentedness. I always say "Happy wife, Happy life."

As for the intelligence I most identify...after thinking about this and writing about the previous question I think I would have to say that it is Verbal. Words come easily for me and seem to just flow once I get going. I take pride in spelling and grammar and knowing how to use words in proper context. Every person that is educated at all should be capable. I often find friends asking for my help with documents such as resumes and asking "How do I make this sound better?" To me that says strong verbal skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment