Monday, April 2, 2012

Entry 9 - Erick Erickson's Stages of Human Development

JAN 31 EDPY

1. What is your current main priority in life? BLOG also where do you see yourself in the stage below.

Eric Erickson's stages of human development.
Like Piaget in ages and stages theory. Difference - piagets framework only goes to adulthood
Erickson has a lifespan approach. Grow and develop until the time we are born til the day we die. Each stage is marked by a particular developmental task. Every stag is a new opportunity for us to continue to grow and the successful completion of each development task is necessary for our continues healthy growth . Piaget is cognitive. ( narrow) - Erickson's concern and more rich and broad. - psychosocial theorist! personality. Developing throughout the course of their life. social emotional theorist. People also think of Erickson a a humanist psychologist..not just cognition, the whole richness of the the whole human being can grow to be. Help p to become all they can be. Very influenced by psychoanalysis. - we all posses an unconsciousness. Behavior is driven by unconscious. We cannot always know why. If an infant doesn't develop past the oral stage the persons association with pleasure remains with the mouth - this is explains why some people are compulsive (smokers, eaters, drinkings- to do with the mouth) issues not resolved do NOT go away. Connection between analysis and Erickson -

1. Trust vs mistrust
2. Autonomy vs shame and doubt
3. Initiative vs guilt
4. Industry vs inferiority *Puberty (Elementary years)
5. Identify vs identify confusion
6. Intimacy vs isolation
7. Generactivity vs self-absorption
8. Integrity vs despair

1. Birth - 1. Infant needs Warmth love to be taken care of
2. Def of autonomy (a sense of independence). 1-2.
3. 3-5. Can I take care of myself, brush my teeth, make the bed.
4. 6-puberty (elementary school years) never be as intently passionate about learning as in these years
5. 10-20 adolescent...who am I, where do I fit in. Listen to different music, looks, etc. trying out different identities / paths. Figures put who they are, where they're going who they want to be
6. Early adulthood. 20-30. On our own, investing previous stages into new relationships
7. 40-50. No longer satisfied being about ourself, want to contribute to the community. A broad contribution the community.
8. Late adulthood 60+. Look back on our life, relationships we have had, feel proud of the life we've lived ?? 

My Thoughts

 1. What is your current main priority in life? BLOG also where do you see yourself in the stage below. 

-- My current main priority in life is school, to work hard and succeed! I am 22 years old and truly feel as though I am in the perfect place in life. Everything has been a bit hectic for me these last few weeks, as is life throwing curve-balls to keep us on our toes. I am glad to have the people I do in my life and it is great to finally have reconnected with all of my family. It's been years since speaking with several members. I am ready to be challenged and make something of myself. What school and community doesn't need a hard-working, motivated teacher who is sharing her knowledge and life skills with their children? Especially one whose life-long dream has been to do so! I am working towards landing my dream job so all my time and effort will be placed within my schooling =) 

I see myself in the 6th stage - Intimacy vs. Isolation. I know who I am and what I want in life. I have known for a very long and have had a plan on how to get there almost my whole life. I am a strong-willed individual, with a very caring, compassionate heart. I have a lot to give to the world, although I feel like it hasn't blessed me with much until the recent year. A good head on a set of strong shoulders seems like a rare commodity these days. I plan to do as much with it as I can, and becoming a respected, passionate elementary school teacher seems like a perfect way to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment