Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Entry 25 - Video - William Ury

MAR 22 EDPY

1. Video William Ury: The walk from "no" to "yes"
Notes

Find your 18th camel
Peace = Us that works as a surrounding community.
Hide your poisonous arrows and talk it out. "the third side"
Stop fighting start talking.
Go to your "balcony" - get all the parties there if you can.
Hostility to hospitality
Terrorism to tourism.
Common identity - story of Abraham
The secret to peace is the third side
the third side is each of us


2.Discussion/reflection
1. How do you respond to Ury's message
2. What practical insight and or broader value might you draw for your own work with kids, colleagues, families, schools, and communities?

ANSWERS

1. I think I can agree with Ury and his message. When I get into an argument with someone I tend to try and take a step back before anything gets too heated. I am not really one to fight and argue, I tend to be a peacekeeper and prefer that everyone just gets along if this is possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment